The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs regularly organizes workshops to promote professional development, well-being, and community among postdoctoral trainees at Northwestern. A list of upcoming workshops can be found below. Information on upcoming workshops can also be found in the OPA Wire newsletter and on the Announcements page of this website.
Workshops for Spring Quarter 2020 will be announced once the schedule is finalized.
Workshops for Winter Quarter 2020
Lab Leadership Workshop Series
Communication for Multicultural Research Teams Workshop with Nicole Barile
- Evanston: Tuesday, February 11th from 9:30-11:30am
- Chicago: Tuesday, February 11th from 2-4pm
Mentoring Up + Down Workshop Series
More information on this series can be found in the Mentoring section of this website.
- First Session: Thursday, January 16, 12-2pm in TGS Commons
- Second Session: Thursday, January 30, 12-2pm in TGS Commons
- Third Session: Thursday, February 13, 12-2pm in TGS Commons (register here)
- First Session; Tuesday, January 14, 12-2pm in TGS Conference Room, Abbott Hall
- Second Session: Tuesday, January 28, 12-2pm in TGS Conference Room, Abbott Hall
- Third Session: Tuesday, February 11, 12-2pm in TGS Conference Room, Abbott Hall
Career Preparation Workshops
CV to Resume Workshop
This workshop will provide an overview of best practices for resumes and lead participants in a hands-on activity on how to translate their CVs into resumes. Please note that the Evanston sessions are organized by broad discipline; postdocs can attend either session, but the hands-on activities in each will be discipline specific.