Training Grant Support Office
The Training Grant Support Office (TGSO) supports Northwestern University in the preparation of institutional training grant applications—both new applications and renewals—submitted to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Education (DoEd) and other funding agencies. TGSO also serves active training grant programs by providing information, answering questions and helping resolve issues.
TGSO provides the following services:
- Data management and proposal data table production involving institution-wide and TGSO-tracked data, including biosketch collection, faculty training and funding records, applicant pool data, and more
- Proposal development aids
- Coordination of special funding/commitment requests made to The Graduate School in support of the training grant.
- Sharing of best practices, resources and tips
- Information on funding agency and NU policies and procedures
- Communications on training grant related matters
- Assistance in resolving training grant-related issues
- Special training grant-related projects