Tenure-Track Faculty Opportunity - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology - California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
The Biological Sciences Department at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for a tenure-track, Assistant Professor position in Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology, beginning August 2019. The area of specialty is open, but candidates who use new/cutting edge technologies, such as CRISPR, with applications in medicine, agriculture, environmental sciences or research are encouraged to apply.
October 24, 2018
A PhD in biology or a related science discipline is required. Postdoctoral experience and previous teaching experience are preferred, with potential for industry collaboration a plus.
The successful candidate will have the potential for excellence in undergraduate teaching, and for developing an externally-funded research program that will involve undergraduate and Master's students. Teaching responsibilities may include genetics, advanced genetics, cell & molecular biology, molecular biotechnology techniques, introductory biology or specialty courses in the candidate’s area of expertise.
Cal Poly Pomona is a comprehensive Master’s university with a diverse student body. The successful candidate will have demonstrated an ability to be responsive to the educational equity goals of the University and its increasing ethnic diversity and international character.
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter that describes how the candidate’s teaching and research experience have prepared the applicant to meet the duties and qualifications articulated in the position description
- Curriculum vitae
- One page statement of teaching philosophy
- One page student success statement about the candidate’s teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population
- Two page max proposed plan of research
- Three representative publication reprints
- Names and contact information of five references
- Completed University application form, which may be downloaded from the Cal Poly Pomona website .
Inquiries can be made to Chair, Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology Search Committee, Biological Sciences Department, California State Polytechnic University, 3801 West Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official transcripts and three letters of reference will be required of all semifinalists. For further information, visit the department website.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.