Postdoctoral Recruitment Event - The Ohio State University
The Office of Postdoctoral Research at the Ohio State University is excited to announce the 2018 Autumn Postdoctoral Recruitment Event on October 22-24! This event is a collaboration with the Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital and the Pelotonia Fellowship Program.
This event will provide an excellent opportunity for outstanding PhD students from leading graduate programs to meet our research faculty, interview for open postdoctoral positions, and discover the exciting and innovative research taking place at The Ohio State University and the Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
Application for this event is open to senior graduate students who have completed or expect to complete their PhD between January 2018 and June 2019.
- They especially encourage participation by training grant-eligible U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are underrepresented in the biomedical sciences including African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, American Indians or Alaskan Natives, Native Hawaiians or other Pacific Islanders, or persons with a disability.
Candidates selected to attend the 2018 Autumn Postdoctoral Recruitment Event may be considered for a variety of opportunities at Ohio State, including fellowships, training grants, and other internal training programs.
- To apply, candidates will need to submit their application by September 14. Click here to apply.
- Please review the Application Procedure to ensure you have everything you need to apply.
To find faculty mentors in your area of research, there are two options available:
1) Faculty Directories - Visit the College of Medicine department directories page, found here, the Biomedical Engineering faculty directory page, found here, or the Nationwide Children's Hospital research directory page, found here. Click the center or department in which you are interested. You will be directed to their website, where you will likely find a list of their faculty (location of directory varies by department).
2) SciVal Experts - SciVal Experts is a web-based portal that can be used to search for faculty by name, research topic, or academic unit. A User Guide is available if you need assistance.
They strongly recommend that you initiate contact with faculty whose research interests you, prior to applying, to discuss potential opportunities in their labs. However, even if you don't receive a response from a faculty member, you are still encouraged to apply. Prior communication is only recommended to assist with matching if you are selected.
Completed applications will be reviewed by a selection committee, and notification of acceptance will be sent via email.
Please contact the Office of Postdoctoral Research at The Ohio State University at email@example.com or 614-685-9140 with any questions.