Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunity - Rush University, Wound Infection
General Summary: NIH-funded Post Doctoral Research Scientist to work on the interplay between Pseudomonas aeruginosa and host in the context of wound infection
May 11, 2018
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate why diabetic wounds fail to control P. aeruginosa infection.
- Investigate host responses to control P. aeruginosa infection.
- Experience in animal research is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Prism is required
- Experience in microbiology is viewed positively
- Experience with proteomics and bioinformatics is viewed positively
- Experience with microscopy is viewed positively
- Post-doctorate or PhD
- Ability to work independently
- Good publication record
- Ability to start up the laboratory aspect of a new project by ordering equipment and necessary supplies to conduct studies
Company Highlights: As an academic medical center, Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, is committed to advancing medical knowledge through research. Investigators at Rush are involved in more than 1,600 projects, including hundreds of clinical studies to test the effectiveness and safety of new therapies and medical devices, as well as to expand scientific and medical knowledge.
Interested candidates should forward their curriculum vitae and names of three references to Dr. Sasha Shafikhani by email: Sasha_Shafikhani@Rush.edu.