Postdoctoral Fellow – Chakravarti Laboratory
The Chakravarti laboratory at Northwestern University Comprehensive Cancer Center is looking for highly talented, self-motivated, productive, and ambitious postdoctoral fellows (2 positions open) starting immediately. The successful candidates will work on NIH funded projects (RO1CA 196270, PO1 HD 57877 and RO1-HD89552) on Prostate Cancer epigenomics (project 1) or Uterine fibroids (project 2).
- Perform genome wide ChIP seq, RNA seq and chromatin conformation and other cell-and tissue- based work as needed for project 1 or 2
- Integrate big data for biologic outcome analysis
- Perform literature reviews and draft and edit manuscripts and present data in written and oral form to local and national audiences
Minimum Qualifications: (Education, experience, and any other certifications or clearances)
PhD in Molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or genomics & epigenomics.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Experience in the isolation and processing of primary human tissues and cells for further molecular and genome wide analysis.
- The candidates must have extensive experience in ChIP seq, Hi-C and RNA Seq-based experiments and subsequent data analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to efficiently draft manuscripts for fast-paced publication of results
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
PhD, MD, or MD-PhD
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
Cancer Biology, bioinformatics, Genome-wide ChIP- and RNA seq, and Hi-C analysis.
Please send a current CV, cover letter stating your interest and contact information for references (3) to: Debabrata Chakravarti, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.