Job Opportunity: Senior Compliance Analyst, NU Conflict of Interest Office
Are you looking to continue or grow your career supporting university research? Are you enthusiastic about research integrity? The Northwestern University Conflict of Interest Office, based in Evanston, is looking for an inquisitive and motivated individual to support the university’s conflict of interest program with an aim to further Northwestern’s research growth. This job is great for a detail-oriented individual who is interested in getting an inside look at how research fulfills its promise from basic science through entrepreneurial efforts at translation. The ideal candidate will demonstrate learning agility, have solid written and verbal communication skills, and have either direct research experience or experience in a research-adjacent role. Familiarity with federal grants and/or a focus on physical science or engineering is a plus!
The Senior Compliance Analyst has a lead role in developing and implementing a comprehensive program for the disclosure and handling of potential conflicts of interest (COI) for University faculty and staff. The Analyst is responsible for reviewing and assessing disclosures with respect to research projects, enhancing system and business processes related to the collection and review of disclosures, and serves as a key resource for School and central administration in disclosure reviews, follow-up, and associated activities.
- Independently reviews and analyzes a consistently large volume of faculty and staff conflict of interest disclosures with respect to research projects, utilizing knowledge of University policies and practices, federal requirements, and exceptionally sound judgment to assess relationships and their potential impacts. Maintain a strict level of confidentiality related to job activities;
- Leads efforts to analyze and document current conflict of interest system and business processes in cross-functional units across the University; Develops and documents standard operating procedures in accordance with federal regulations and University policies; Makes detailed recommendations for, and take a lead role in implementing, improvements to the University’s conflict of interest disclosure, review, and evaluation processes;
- Maintains a current and thorough understanding of conflict of interest regulatory requirements, as well as trends and changes that have the potential to impact University conflict of interest policies and processes;
- Monitors external governmental, organizational, and peer institutional resources to analyze regulatory changes and determine the organizational impact;
- Regularly creates and delivers education to guide and support faculty and staff in the University’s conflict of interest disclosure and review processes and systems; Provides exceptional service to faculty and staff by serving as a key resource for conflict of interest policy and process questions;
- Develops and conducts quality assurance activities relative to conflict of interest processes, including assessments of disclosure reviews, proposal submission, and award set-up, and monitoring of federal reporting, management plan compliance, and other activities;
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- Three or more years of experience in a business or academic environment.
- Advanced degree and/or experience in an academic research environment;
- Knowledge of and experience with conflict of interest / disclosure concepts in the academic or healthcare industries;
- Knowledge of and experience with sponsored research administration.
- Visit the Northwestern Career Portal here and search for JobID: 33478.