Postdoctoral Training Opportunity – Ophthalmology, Cardiovascular & Renal Research
The Thomson lab, based in the Feinberg Cardiovascular & Renal Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology at Northwestern University’s Chicago campus has one postdoctoral position opening now. Our lab studies the role of vascular signaling in vision and ocular disease, with ongoing projects focusing on pachychoroid diseases, macular degeneration, development of the choroidal vasculature and glaucoma.
Postdoctoral scientists in the lab will conduct cutting-edge research in an interactive, highly collaborative, and well-funded environment, with access to shared facilities, including sequencing, bioinformatics, imaging, metabolomics, nanotechnology, mouse genome engineering, and beyond.
Fundamental approaches in the Thomson lab include:
- Mouse models of development and disease
- Immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy
- In vivo imaging
- Single cell RNA sequencing and bioinformatics
Qualifications for these positions include PhD or MD degree(s) with less than 2 years of postdoctoral experience. Candidates with relevant training involving molecular biology, vascular biology, signal transduction, and vision, as evidenced by an appropriate publication record are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents assembled into one PDF file to email@example.com:
- A Cover Letter describing your interest in this position.
- A CV listing your education, training background, publications, and skill set.
- One to two Reference Letter(s), including from your current mentor(s).
- *A 2-page Research Statement / Proposal summarizing your current research achievement and/or future research interest. (* Optional item. You can submit it later upon request.)
Recruitment is on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. The lab encourages national and international applicants from diverse backgrounds. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.