Postdoctoral Training Opportunity – Neurovascular Research at the Aging Brain Lab
A postdoctoral researcher is needed for the Aging Brain Circulation (ABC) Lab at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Department of Neurology. This is a National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)-funded position to understand neuroimaging signatures of vulnerability & resilience in the human brain.
The Aging Brain Circulation (ABC) Lab investigates neurovascular structure and function in the aging human brain. We are interested in recruiting a highly enthusiastic research scientist with a PhD in Computer Science, NeuroImaging, Neuroscience, or a related field.
This position entails postdoctoral research under Dr. Farzaneh A. Sorond, in collaboration with clinicians and clinical researchers focused on vascular neurology, neuroscience, and neuroimaging in a medical environment. It will provide (1) a strong postdoctoral training in a highly multidisciplinary environment, (2) the ability to interact with others working on mechanisms underlying neurological and vascular function and related disorders, and (3) a unique opportunity to enhance technical and scientific skills as they relate to medical and healthcare-related problems.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently lead day-to-day operations of their own project
- Assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds
- Participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author
- Develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols
- Design and perform experiments
- Keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator
- Analyze, interpret, summarize and compile data
- Operate and maintain equipment and instruments
- Develop figures, search scientific literature, assist in writing manuscripts and abstracts, and present findings at regional and national meetings
- Handle and organize human clinical information and data
- Perform or assist in routine research protocols
- Spearhead development of new pipelines for image analysis, tools for statistical models and relevant technologies, and interact with collaborators and other research team members
It is expected that the applicant has expertise in one or more of the following areas: fluency in MATLAB and R, Python, bash scripting, SQL development and applications, statistical models, including - but not limited to - machine learning, multivariate models, and risk analysis, MRI analysis software and pipelines
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Neuroimaging, Neuroscience, or a related field
Interested candidates should email NeurologyProfAff@northwestern.edu.