Postdoctoral Training Opportunity – Epigenetic and Tumorigenesis Research at the Chakravarti Lab
The Chakravarti Laboratory at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago seeks a full-time postdoctoral fellow starting immediately. The Chakravarti Laboratory performs cutting-edge research on epigenetic, and enhancer control of transcription in tumorigenesis. Our group uses state-of-the-art technics including primary cell culture systems, and genome-wide and CRISPR-based analyses, and collaborates with clinical colleagues to obtain human tumors. Recent lab publications include:
- Holmes, A.G., Parker, J.B., Sagar, V., Truica, M.I., Soni, P.N., Han, H., Schiltz, G.E. Abdulkadir, S.A., and Chakravarti, D. (2022) “An MYC inhibitor selectively alters the MYC and MAX cistromes and modulates epigenomic landscape to regulate target gene expression.” Adv. 2022, DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.abh3635, PMID: 35476451.
- Mlodawska, O.W., Saini, P., Parker, J.B., Wei, J-J., Bulun, S.E., Simon, M.A., and Chakravarti, D. (2022) “Epigenomic and enhancer dysregulation in uterine leiomyomas.” Reprod. Update. 2022 Feb 24;dmac008, doi: 10.1093/humupd/dmac008. PMID: 35199155.
- Leistico, J.R., Saini, P., Futtner, C.R., Hejna, M., Omura, Y., Soni, P., Sandlesh, P., Milad, M., Wei, J-J., Bulun, S., Parker, J.B., Barish, G.D., Song, J.S., and Chakravarti, D. (2021) “Epigenomic tensor predicts disease subtypes and reveals constrained tumor evolution.” Cell Rep. 2021 Mar 30;34(13):108927. PMCID: PMC8111960.
- Moyo, M., Parker, J.B. and Chakravarti, D. (2020) “Altered chromatin landscape and enhancer engagement underlie transcriptional dysregulation in MED12 mutant uterine leiomyomas.” Commun. 2020 Feb 24;11(1):1019. PMCID: PMC7040020.
The ideal candidate should be a recent PhD and be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, creative, and open to addressing new research challenges. The fellow is expected to independently design, collaborate and conduct projects under the supervision of Dr. Chakravarti. Extensive training in any area of biomedicine with expertise in primary cell culture, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, epigenomic, and modern statistical approaches/bioinformatics is desirable.
For prompt consideration, please submit your application to Dr. Chakravarti (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae; and
- Contact details of three referees.
Send correspondence to:
Anna Lapham Professor
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
303 E. Superior Street, Lurie 4-119
Chicago, IL, 60611
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.