Postdoctoral Training Opportunity – The Center for Robotics and Biosystems
The Center for Robotics and Biosystems is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to develop a new class of meso-scale distributed actuators that exploit very high speed electroadhesive clutches, and to apply these in haptic interface and robotic actuation. The researcher will perform this work in the collaborative, multidisciplinary setting of Northwestern’s Center for Robotics and Biosystems, and will also work closely with colleagues at other universities.
Candidates should have a strong background in mechanics, electrostatics, and Multiphysics problems, along with outstanding mechatronics and laboratory skills. Additional expectations include:
- PhD in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, applied physics, or a closely related field;
- Outstanding communication skills: written, oral, and graphical;
- A publication record in top international conferences and journals;
- Significant coding experience, both scientific (e.g., Matlab/Python) and real-time (e.g., C).
- Willingness to work in a team setting and to supervise graduate and undergraduate students
- Willingness to participate in grant writing
The start date for the position is flexible, but should be no later than January 2023. Funding will be provided for two years, with possible extension.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position, a statement of your research interests, your CV, links to relevant publications and your PhD thesis and other relevant documents to email@example.com . Candidates are also encouraged to provide contact information for up to 3 references.