Postdoctoral Training Opportunity – Social Computing, Network Science, Computational Social Science, and Data Science
The research group of Professor Ágnes Horvát is seeking qualified candidates for a postdoctoral fellow position with a focus on pursuing research in the areas of Social Computing, Network Science, Computational Social Science, and Data Science at Northwestern University. The new position will be housed in the Lab on Innovation, Networks, and Knowledge (LINK) at the School of Communication. For recent papers and projects see https://link.soc.northwestern.edu/. The initial term of the position is one year with the possibility of renewal. Compensation is competitive. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates should demonstrate a strong interest and prior record in conducting computational research. They will be expected to contribute to the lab’s ongoing NSF-funded projects (e.g., IIS-1943506, IIS-2133963), engaging in national and international collaborations. Candidates should demonstrate relevant training and skills including:
- Ph.D. in fields including network science, computational social science, computer science, information science, complex systems, computational communication, applied mathematics, physics, economics, or other related fields;
- Prior experience in programming and working with large datasets;
- Ability to conduct computational modelling and analysis;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Participation and activity in the scientific community;
- Ability and desire to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
Applications should contain:
- Cover letter, describing the candidate’s interest in and qualifications for this position;
- Curriculum vitae (including publications list);
- 2 published papers, or equivalent writing samples that best demonstrate your expertise and fit for the position;
- One personal statement (2-4 pages) that outlines your research achievements and agenda and your service and outreach activities;
- Names and contact information of 3 letter writers;
- Link to a professional webpage and/or Google Scholar page.
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates page.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.