Postdoctoral Training Opportunity – Neuro-infectious Diseases and Global Neurology in the Koralnik Lab
A postdoctoral/immunologist position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Igor Koralnik, Chief of the Neuro-Infectious Diseases and Global Neurology Division at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, in the Department of Neurology.
By working closely with multifaceted teams of the Neurology department and international collaborators, the successful candidate will be well placed to undertake cutting-edge research aimed at elucidating the immune response against SARS-CoV-2 in long COVID patients with neurologic symptoms. These include brain fog, fatigue, and sleep disturbances after COVID-19. By understanding how SARS-CoV-2 infection alters the balance between antiviral and autoimmune T cell responses in patients with long COVID, we hope that novel treatment and prevention options will be uncovered.
Determining how SARS-CoV-2 reprograms the T cell response to impact neurologic function in long COVID.
- Assessing how the balance between antiviral and autoimmune T cell responses contribute to long Neuro-COVID symptoms.
- Investigating how T regulatory cell function correlates with sleep disturbances in elderly patients with and without long COVID.
- Correlating results from immunoassays, proteomics, and T Cell Receptor sequencing data with clinical symptoms of long COVID.
- PhD or MD/PHD within immunology with a focus on virology/microbiology or autoimmunity.
- Familiarity with immunological techniques, including but not limited to: ELISA, ELISPOT, cytotoxicity assays.
- Experience with flow cytometry, including using FlowJo for data analysis.
- Extensive experience with cell culture techniques, including generating and maintaining T cell lines.
- Experience with analysis and data visualization of transcriptomic data.
- PhD or MD/PhD within immunology.
- Experience in/working knowledge of biostatistics/statistical viromics or genetics.
Interested candidates can email their resume to Igor J. Koralnik, M.D. FAAN, FANA.