Postdoctoral Training Opportunity – Maternal Health Equity Research
The Social, Environment and Health Lab in the Department of Preventive Medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine invites applications for a postdoctoral scholar position. The postdoctoral scholar will work with Dr. Kiarri Kershaw on an American Heart Association (AHA) funded project using community-engaged approaches to investigate the impact structural racism has on pregnancy and cardiovascular outcomes in non-Hispanic Black birthing people. This project is one of five research projects within the AHA Health Equity Research Network (HERN) on Disparities in Maternal-Infant Health Outcomes. The postdoctoral scholar will have the unique opportunity to develop and execute their own research projects while also collaborating with other HERN scholars. Opportunities to participate in HERN professional development, networking and mentoring programs will also be available.
Candidates should demonstrate a strong interest and prior record in conducting epidemiological research. Candidates should demonstrate relevant training and skills including:
- Ph.D. in public health, medical sociology, health psychology or other related fields;
- Prior experience in qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Participation and activity in the scientific community;
- Ability and desire to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment;
- Interest and passion for conducting health equity research.
Applications should contain:
- Cover letter, describing the candidate’s interest in and qualifications for this position;
- Curriculum vitae (including publications list);
- Statement of research interests;
- 2 published papers, or equivalent writing samples that best demonstrate your expertise and fit for the position;
- Names and contact information of 3 references.
The initial term of the position is one year with the possibility of renewal. Compensation is competitive. Applications should be sent to Lauren Hoffer at firstname.lastname@example.org and will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Learn more about Dr. Kershaw's research here: sites.northwestern.edu/socenvhealth.