Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Translational Pancreatic Cancer Research
The Department of Medicine (Division of Hematology-Oncology) at Northwestern University is seeking an outstanding postdoctoral trainee to work on translational research in pancreatic cancer. This position offers an opportunity to work in the lab of Dr. Hidayatullah G. Munshi. The research in the Munshi lab is funded by the NIH, with a new R01 grant starting April 2022, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The lab has a strong translational emphasis and expertise in orthotopic and transgenic mouse models and routinely employs ex vivo acinar-to-ductal metaplasia, organoid, and slice cultures of human pancreatic tumors in their studies. The Department and the Lurie Cancer Center offer a nurturing environment for career development, a stimulating community of cancer researchers, and weekly conferences and seminars of interest. The postdoctoral trainee will be expected to build a publication record, including submissions to leading cancer biology journals and attend national meetings that will help to build an international reputation.
Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, cancer biology, or related field.
- Experience working with small animal models and mammalian cell culture
- Expertise in immunology-related basic techniques such as flow cytometry
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, learn new techniques and approaches, and collaborate effectively within a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present research at meetings and write scientific manuscripts
To apply, please email Dr. Hidayatullah G. Munshithe following information:
- A one-page cover letter describing areas of research interests and career goals
- Curriculum vitae with bibliography
- Contact information for three references
***Applicant must be able to begin employment no later than September 1, 2022.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.