Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Teaching/Research Position in Human Development in SESP
The School of Education and Social Policy (SESP) at Northwestern University is looking for a postdoctoral trainee who will a) Collaborate with one or two of the SESP human development faculty (Emma Adam, Mesmin Destin, Claudia Haase, Dan McAdams, Terri Sabol, and Yang Qu) on research and publications (50% time) and b) teach four (quarter-long) undergraduate classes in the upcoming academic year, including three sections of an undergraduate introductory child and adolescent development course (50% time) and one additional course to be determined.
- The position is open to human development scholars from any relevant disciplinary background (e.g. psychology, sociology, anthropology, human development)
- A strong foundational knowledge of theory and research on child and adolescent development is a must
- Prior experience teaching childhood and adolescent development at an undergraduate level is preferable
- A strong research background is also required, with a preference for scholars studying diverse and applied perspectives on human development (e.g. effects of culture on human development, human development and social policy, or advanced statistical methods for the study of human development). However, a strong research program related to any aspect of human development across the lifespan is acceptable.
Applications should include:
- cover letter, describing your interest in and qualifications for this position
- curriculum vitae (including publications list)
- 1 published paper, or equivalent writing samples that you are most proud of and which best demonstrate your expertise and fit for the position
- one research statement (2-3 pages)
- the names and contact information of three letter writers
- a link to a professional webpage and Google Scholar page (if applicable)
Submit applications to Allison Manley at Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “ATTN: APPLICATION FOR HUMAN DEVELOPMENT POSTDOCTORAL POSITION”. Applications are due April 8th although they will continue to review applications until the position is filled.
Northwestern University is located in an attractive lakefront community adjacent to Chicago. Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.