Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - fMRI Imaging Analyst for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Clinical Trials
There is an opening for a neuroscience postdoctoral training opportunity. The appointment is for 24-months with potential to extend for an additional 12 months, with a dual appointment with Hines VA Research Service and Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. The postdoctoral role/education includes analyzing imaging data across several modalities, including DTI, task-based fMRI, resting state fMRI and VBM. It also includes providing input for study design, grants and manuscripts, and creating print quality images that reflect core findings. DTI analysis will take priority.
Qualified candidates will have experience in at least one imaging modality. Training can be provided for others. Position provides opportunities to advance as a team-based neuroscientist, and/or evolve novel analyses for independent research platforms. The primary location for the open advanced postdoctoral position is at Edward Hines Jr. VA, in Hines, IL, with treatment sites at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Shirly Ryan Ability Lab in Chicago IL. Pay range is $50-60K (commensurate with experience based on published VA office of academic affairs guidelines, which are similar to NIH guidelines). Position includes benefits (medical, dental, vision, vacation & sick leave) and a stipend to support education/research expenses based on available funds (note: cannot be used for computers or travel).
About the Pape Lab & clinical research for TBI at Hines VA
Dr. Theresa Pape and the Pape Lab at Hines VA and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, department of Physical Rehabilitation Medicine, are focused on multiple aspects of advancing the care of traumatic brain injury (TBI), including novel treatments, methodologies, and advancing neurobehavioral and neuroscience psychometric measures in TBI. Specifically, they are currently running clinical trials with TMS, cognitive-behavioral training, sound-based therapies and home-based treatment/assessment models. The clinical trials are often nationally and internationally collaborative.
- US Citizenship
- Neuroscience PhD (or related technical PhD like biomded, engineering, etc.), with less than 5 years of post-doc experience
- Highly motivated & Independent self-starter
- must be able to work independently, find solutions and keep work moving forward
- Strong experience with MRI design & analysis
- Programming experience & aptitude
- Navigate between MAC, PC, Linux (& setting up virtual machines)
- Fluency in at least one set of MRI tools (e.g. DSI Studio, SPM, FSL, AFNI, fmriPrep, Freesurfer, CAT12)
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (e.g., SLURM, sh, bash, csh, tcsh)
- Ability to run some basic stats (e.g., R, SPSS, MATLAB, excel)
Additional Skills Desired
- Perl or Python
- Experience using High Performance Computing Clusters
- Experience scripting/automating processes
- Experience updating legacy scripts/code
- EEG design & analysis
Please email inquiries to Sherri Livengood.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.