Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Center for Food Allergy & Asthma Research
This is an advanced academic research role where applicants will conduct a specified program of research supported by research training under the supervision and direction of a Principal Investigator. The primary purpose of the role is to develop new or advanced research skills and competences, on the processes of publication in peer-reviewed academic publications and scholarly dissemination, the development of funding proposals, and the opportunity to develop your skills in epidemiologic and health behavior research.
The successful candidate will join a collaborative research team within a dynamic research environment. This position will support the Center for Food Allergy & Asthma Research (CFAAR), directed by Dr. Ruchi Gupta located in the Center for Community Health.
- Helps design and implement epidemiological and health services research studies in the domain of food allergy and asthma and/or community health while following protocols.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots protocols and data obtained from individual studies together with the PI.
- Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting and entering data.
- Interprets, prepares and presents results.
- Prepares data for presentations and publications.
- Performs scientific literature reviews in support of research and contributes to ongoing publications as a data analyst and co-author (including opportunities for first-authored manuscripts).
- Helps write grants and compete for funding.
- Conduct data analysis and interpretation for multiple ongoing and recently completed research studies within CFAAR—including NIH supported observational cohort and interventional studies.
- Writing manuscripts and reports communicating study findings
- PhD or MD/PhD, have graduated within the last year, or anticipate graduating within the next six months.
- A strong record of peer reviewed publications is preferred, including first authorship.
- Written and verbal communications skills, organizational skills, ability to work as a team.
- Biostatistical and/or data science proficiency
Preferred Competencies (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Microsoft Office
- Proficency in R, STATA and/or SAS statistical analysis suites
- Multilevel modeling
- Data visualization
- Digital organizational skills