Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Culture, Brain, and Development Lab
The Culture, Brain, and Development Lab at Northwestern University, Evanston, directed by Dr. Yang Qu, is seeking applications for a postdoctoral scholar position. This position is expected to collaborate on collecting, processing, analyzing and writing up data from several studies on adolescent brain development and psychological adjustment using survey and fMRI methods. Some assistance with grant writing and helping to oversee lab personnel (staff, graduate students, undergraduate RAs) will also be required. Opportunities for participation in and authorship on publications will be available, supported, and encouraged. One focus will involve secondary data analyses on public datasets on adolescent brain development. Another focus will be collecting and processing data for an ongoing study focused on sociocultural contexts and adolescent brain development.
- Ph.D. in relevant social science discipline
- Expertise in fMRI methods and analyses
- Relevant specific topical expertise as described above
- Project management and mentoring skills
- A background in developmental or neurocognitive psychology is preferred, but any social science background with appropriate expertise will be considered.
- Candidate must have a strong background and expertise in advanced multivariate statistical analysis, with experience in multilevel modeling and structural equation modeling highly recommended.
- Background and expertise in research on adolescent brain development, parenting, sociocultural influence, internalizing and externalizing problems, and academic outcomes are strongly preferred.
The position is initially for 1 year, with an expected start date in the fall of 2021, and the possibility of additional years of funding.
Applications should including the following:
- cover letter, describing your interest in and qualifications for this position;
- curriculum vitae;
- representative publications;
- the names and contact information of three references;
- Questions about the position can be sent to Dr. Yang Qu (email@example.com), and the full application package should be sent to Beiming Yang (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the email subject “Postdoc application”.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.