Postdoctoral Training Opportunity – Feinberg Cardiovascular & Renal Research Institute
The Feinberg Cardiovascular and Renal Research Institute is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist for expansion of basic and translational studies related to molecular mechanisms of kidney disease. This position offers the opportunity to work in the NIH-funded lab of Dr. Pinelopi Kapitsinou, a physician-scientist with a background in translational hypoxia biology, mechanisms of acute kidney injury and progression to chronic kidney disease. The lab is particularly interested in exploring the effects of hypoxia-induced metabolic reprogramming in diseased kidney tissue microenvironment utilizing molecular biology, biochemical and metabolomic approaches. Transgenic mice, primary cells and other cell culture systems are used as main experimental models. The department offers a nurturing environment for career development, a stimulating community of several kidney and cardiovascular research labs, weekly conferences and seminars of interest. The postdoctoral trainee will be expected to build a publication record including submissions to leading experimental research journals; supervise rotating undergraduate, graduate and medical students; apply for grants; and present at national meetings.
- Ph.D. (Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or related field).
- Experience working with small animal models and mammalian cell culture.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, maintain accurate recordkeeping, and collaborate effectively within a team environment.
- Strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, be motivated to advance the project and have a proven publication record.
- Familiarity with next generation sequencing data and gene expression analysis
- Computational biology
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to Pinelopi Kapitsinou, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension via direct mail or email below.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Research statement
- Mail to:
Pinelopi Kapitsinou, MD
Feinberg Cardiovascular and Renal Research Institute
303 East Superior Street, SQBRC 8-408
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Please contact Dr. Kapitsinou via email at email@example.com