Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Pharmacology, Perera Lab
Dr. Minoli Perera's Clinical Pharmacology/ Pharmacogenomics laboratory is seeking a Postdoctoral Scholar. Their laboratory focuses on the pharmacogenomics of drug response in cardiovascular medicine and hepatic drug metabolism in African Americans. The ideal candidate would have a good understanding of RNA-seq data, differential gene expression, eQTL analysis, and iPSC differentiation procedures. This is a highly collaborative clinically focused lab, with opportunities to interact with statistical genetics, cancer biology, gastroenterology and cardiology. This is a training position with emphasis on career development.
- PhD and /or Pharm.D or MD degree, less than 3 year out from PhD
- PhD in a discipline such as Statistical Genetics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or Statistics, Developmental Biology preferable
- First Author publication record in reputable journals
- In vitro culture experience and protocol development using iPSCs is highly preferred.
- Functional Genomics experience in techniques such as CRISPR/Cas
- Experience analyzing large biological datasets
- Experience with high performance computing environments
- Ability to train others required
- Skills in statistical analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic and commitment to timely delivery of results is essential.
- Proficiencies in word processing, spreadsheet, database software, power point, statistics and other software use in scientific research analysis are required.
- Eligibility to work in the US is required
- Proficiency in Python and R is a plus – there are opportunities to learn these skills within the lab, but trainees must show initiative to learn these skills.
More information on the lab can be found on their website.
Applications, including curriculum vitae and bibliography, summary of past accomplishments, and 3 signed reference letters, should be emailed to:
Minoli Perera, Pharm.D, PhD.
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology
303 E. Chicago Ave.
Chicago IL, 60611
Northwestern University is a not-for-profit organization that integrates research with clinical practices and education in a multi-campus environment. We offer an attractive benefit package. Salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.