Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Kahnt Lab (Neural Systems)
The Kahnt Lab at Northwestern University is looking to fill an open postdoctoral position. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, self-driven, and brings a unique perspective and background to the lab.
The lab studies the neural systems that support learning, decision making, and olfaction in humans. Experimental techniques include functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), diffusion MRI (dMRI), olfactory psychophysics, and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). They utilize advanced data analysis techniques, including multi-voxel pattern analysis (MVPA) and encoding models, and they link behavioral and neural data using computational modeling. The lab's research also aims to better understand the neural basis of behavioral deficits in neuropsychiatric conditions, including substance use disorder and dementia.
The Kahnt Lab is a multidisciplinary team working on a variety of questions using cutting-edge cognitive neuroscience techniques. They value curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness. They also seek to provide opportunities for professional growth and support individual career development.
- Conceptualization and design of research projects in healthy adults and clinical populations
- Project execution and data collection involving fMRI, dMRI and TMS
- Analysis of behavioral and imaging data
- Communication of research results in the form of manuscripts, abstracts, and conference presentations
- Co-mentoring undergraduate or rotation students
- PhD in neuroscience, psychology, biomedical engineering, or related field
- Strong motivation to study learning, decision making and olfaction in humans
- Extensive experience with at least one of the following methods: fMRI, dMRI, TMS
- Extensive experience with statistical data analysis
- At least intermediate skills in one of the following languages: Matlab, Python, R
- Demonstrated skills in scientific publishing and presentation
The earliest start date for this position is September 1, 2020.
Please send your application package (personal statement, CV, 1-3 selected publications) as a single PDF to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, underrepresented racial and ethic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.