Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Dermatology
Job title: Postdoctoral Scholar
February 6, 2020
Job ID: 38183
Location: Chicago, Illinois Department: MED-Dermatology Salary/Grade: RES/
The Feinberg School of Medicine’s Department of Dermatology at Northwestern University invites applications for postdoctoral candidates with strong research skills and an interest in working in a basic research, preclinical and translational environment. The lab’s three main areas of focus are: a) using topically-delivered nanotechnology towards developing new targeted therapies for skin disorders; b) understanding the mechanism(s) of peripheral sensory neuropathy and developing new treatment approaches, particularly for diabetic wounds; and c) determining the role of signaling peptides in the development and prevention of psoriasis. The ideal candidate will have some skills from PhD research or an early postdoctoral fellowship, but will be seeking additional skills through this fellowship. Research projects will involve in vitro work with 3D skin models as well as work with preclinical mouse models of skin diseases and their assessment using advanced microscopy and biochemistry. Must have excellent communication skills.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Lab maintenance, ordering materials.
- Conducting laboratory experiments.
- Maintaining animals, breeding, and genotyping for experiments.
- Help write grants.
- Supervising students and colleagues.
- Help write and prepare manuscripts.
- PhD training in biochemistry, immunology, molecular or cell biology; alternate would be background in nanotechnology biology laboratory experience.
- Bioinformatics programming capabilities a plus.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, & Prism.
- Exposure to animal handling.
- Sterile cell culture, molecular biology.
- Experience with biochemistry and/or immunology techniques.
- Molecular biology skills.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Experience in working with mouse models of disease.
- Understanding of receptor signaling pathways.
- Experience with programing in R or Python.
- Understanding of skin biology as bonus, but not required.
- Competency in molecular analyses.
- Familiar with biochemistry techniques.
- Eagerness to learn.
Interested individuals should send curriculum vitae and a list of three references to Michael Bonkowski, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org.Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.