Postdoctoral Training Opportunities - Cancer Immunotherapy Research
Two postdoctoral positions are available in Dr. Seth Pollack’s new lab at Northwestern University in Chicago, IL.
The Pollack lab is a translational cancer immunotherapy lab dedicated to curing sarcoma through engineered cellular therapy and manipulation of the sarcoma tumor immune microenvironment. They use both novel and naturally occurring in vivo and ex vivo model systems to inform human trials, and through intense analysis of human specimens they improve on existing immunotherapy treatment regimens.
Work in the Pollack Lab will use a variety of techniques, including T cell engineering, direct gene transfer into the tumor microenvironment and use of tumor organoids. Strong fundamentals for gene transfer techniques, cell culture and flow cytometry techniques are the foundation of this work.
- Successful candidates should be highly motivated and have a recent Ph.D. degree with a strong background in immunology and molecular biology.
- Applicants should have a strong publication record, creative thinking, effective oral and written communication skills, and good team spirit.
For prompt consideration, please email the following items to Dr. Seth Pollack (NorthwesternPollackLab@gmail.com)
- A one-page cover letter describing areas of research interests and career goals
- Curriculum vitae with bibliography
- Contact information for 3 references
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.