Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Thoracic Surgery
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine seeks a postdoctoral trainee to participate in cutting-edge research in transplant/tumor immunobiology. The laboratory uses sophisticated and state of the art murine and tissue cultures models to detect immunopathogenesis of allograft dysfunction and rejection.
Using contemporary research tools such as single cell transcriptomics, proteomics, intravital imaging, and multichannel flow cytometry, in combination with bioinformatics and computational biology, the lab identifies clinically actionable mechanisms underlying tissue injury utilizing models highly relevant to human disease. They follow a team science approach and their research group includes senior investigators from the divisions of thoracic surgery, pulmonary medicine, rheumatology, and immunology.
They have developed high-throughput services within their group such as next generation sequencing. Their work is highlighted in their recent publications (Zhikun et al, Science Translational medicine 2017; Hsiao et al, JCI 2018; Reyfman et al, AJRCCM Epub ahead of print; Li et al, JCI 2018; Walter et al, AJRCCM 2018). They are seeking a highly motivated individual who is a creative and an independent thinker. While experience in the techniques listed above is preferred, the lab provides all training for the new recruits.
- Conduct laboratory experiments using immunological and molecular techniques, including but not limited to, immunosustaining/histochemistry, flow-cytometry, ELISA, western blot, PCR, mixed and cytolytic assays, tissue culture, transfection, animal husbandry and basic murine procedures.
- Write grants and compete for funding.
- Supervise students and other techs working in the lab.
- Help write and contribute to publications resulting from research done in the lab.
- PhD, MD, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired skills in immunological and molecular techniques.
- Must have good computer skills, including good English language and writing skills
- Immunology background and experiences
- Mouse research experience
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) to Dr. Ankit Bharat at Ankit.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.