Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Molecular/Cancer Biology
A postdoctoral position at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Wan Laboratory is open immediately to study the mechanism and therapeutics of breast cancer, ubiquitin-proteasome systems, genome stability, and oncogenic signaling networks, (Nature Communications 6:8419; Molecular Cell 45(2):233; and EMBO J. 29(10): 1726).
Highly motivated candidates with a strong background in molecular and cancer biology are encouraged to apply. Experience working with mice is a plus but not required.
- PhD in cellular or molecular biology
- Experience with cellular and molecular biology techniques and current laboratory assays
- Must have good computer skills, including knowledge of how to use excel, photoshop
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to manage multiple aspects of a research project, including study design, conducting assays, ordering lab supplies, writing reports, meeting deadlines, presenting results
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- PhD training in cancer biology
- Experience with quantitative immunohistochemistry, quantitative RT-PCR, cell staining, flow cytometry, tissue culture and mouse models
- Experience writing and publishing manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals and writing funding applications
Please direct inquires, CVs and contacts of three references via email to: Dr. Yong Wan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Robert H. Laurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.