Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Immunology
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine has a postdoctoral position open in a cutting-edge immunology laboratory that focuses on the microglia and macrophage response to traumatic brain injury (TBI). The candidate will lead studies in the following areas:
- microglia and monocyte/macrophage transcriptional response to TBI in our murine model of TBI;
- mechanisms of immune modulating therapy on the anatomic, physiologic, and transcriptional response to TBI;
- developing and characterizing a model of mild TBI (concussion) for the long-term study of microglial gene expression and response to immune modulating therapy.
- Candidates must be highly self-motivated and self-sufficient with a PhD or MD.
- A strong background in immunology and flow cytometry is a requirement, and some background in neuroscience is preferred.
- Experience with mouse models is ideal.
- Experience with RNA sequencing is desired.
Candidates should email a cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) to:
Steven J. Schwulst, MD, FACS
Assistant Professor of Surgery Northwestern University Department of Surgery
676 N. St. Clair St., Suite 650 Chicago, IL 60611
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.