Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Center for Deep Learning
The Center for Deep Learning (CDL) seeks an exceptional postdoctoral trainee in the areas of deep learning and reinforcement learning. CDL is comprised of faculty members and PhD candidates from a variety of departments working on deep learning and reinforcement learning problems in the areas of natural language processing, bioinformatics, customer and business intelligence, computer vision, and the internet of things. The research is primarily focused on designing new architectures and models, novel optimization algorithms, and algorithms and implementations at the system and compiler level. The center seeks applicants with knowledge and expertise in these areas who are eager to conduct independent research and to lead projects involving PhD candidates.
Examples of current projects
- Text summarization models
- Dialog systems
- Several deep learning aspects related to model serving
- NLP in healthcare and bioinformatics
- Improving deep learning at the compiler level
- Reinforcement learning (related to autoML)
- Conduct independent research
- Lead deep learning projects with PhD students
- Interact with sponsoring companies regarding select projects
- Participate in outreach (assist organizing a workshop, CDL advisory board meetings)
Please send the following material to email@example.com:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Names of three references
- Manuscript of which you have first-authorship
- Statement outlining your research accomplishments (of at most two pages)
- Future research plan and career ambitions
A successful candidate should have a PhD and a well-established research track record as demonstrated by publications and open source software. The PhD must have been obtained in the last five years.
Northwestern University is ranked the number thirteen most innovative university and number twenty by World University Rankings. Most of the interactions will be with the faculty and students from the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences and Computer Science.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.