Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - Data Science in Acute Neurology and Neurosurgery
There is an opportunity for a postdoctoral trainee to join an R01-funded project on intracranial hemorrhage - the deadliest form of stroke. The lab is broadly interested in clinical and translational research, particularly using machine learning and deep learning approaches to data-intensive tasks. Active projects include using deep learning of neuroimaging data to predict growth of brain hematomas, deep learning of electroencephalography data to predict seizures, machine learning to predict patient outcomes, analysis of hemostasis/coagulopathy, network analytics among clinicians, and other topics.
The successful candidate will have a track record of independence and will have the opportunity to author first-author publications, co-author grant applications, and build a body of work.
- PhD in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, bioinformatics, computer science)
- Established proficiency using R, Python, or similar language
- Established proficiency using imaging (e.g., DICOM), electroencephalography (EEG), and other quantitative data sources
- Track record in large data sets and health services research
- Established proficiency in electronic health records
- Excellent written communication
- Excellent data visualization skills
Interested applicants should send a cover letter with a summary of work to date, a CV, and names of three potential references to Andrew Naidech at email@example.com
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.